1.4.05


4:15am. Not yet. 5:37am. Not yet. 7:25am...that's close enough. My first morning I am so excited; it feels like Christmas is finally here. I rush downstairs to eat breakfast, and get dressed. My dad, Anthony, and I leave our Coalville hotel and drive to Utah Olympic Park in Park City. We arrive at the Day Lodge before anyone else, and sit outside watching the sunrise.

At about 9:15am I check in, where I meet Nate from Iowa. Nate, a sophomore in college, has made around 12 runs at Lake Placid; but this is his first time at UOP. We give Nate a ride up to Track Operations, which is near the end of the run. 10 people file in: Randy, George, Rod, myself, John, Chip, a girl my age named Alyx (no it isn't a typo), Nate, Phil, and Maria. Our instructor is Robbie Lyon, who is the United States Bobsled and Skeleton Federation (USBSF) Western Skeleton Coach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home